Welcome

Please enjoy the wacky world my pencils and paints create for you. As an illustrator I try to bring you a world in which you have not read before or have seen in movies yet. My minds eye comes from behind the curtain in that chocolate factory that Willie Wonka didn't let you peer behind. Now I am opening it for you! Come in and take a look...

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Seth Wouldn't Look So Cute.....

Man Behind the Curtain...

 

Webster Colcord
 I met him one day in Boston watching him line up the animation for Ted to Seth MacFarlane motion capture suit. I had been talking and watching him run the program for an hour or so. He was real cool to talk to and real personable. Then through some emails we realized we knew common people from Olive Jar who created those early MTV claymation pieces. Including my friend Chris Corkum who was a stand in for Don Dokken in a video Olive Jar produced. More about the zaniness of Corkum another day...

Webster has provided animation for CGI sequences in many of the blockbusters you are familiar with like Deadpool, Sin City 2, Ted, The Matrix, Night at the Museum, and Pirates of the Caribean. He got his start as the animator for the Raisin Bran and California Raisin commercials. 

He also is known for his work with Les Claypool and Primus videos. My favorite is his work in Monkey Bone and James and the Giant Peach.

Here is a trailer from Monkeybone with Brendan Fraser:

No comments:

Post a Comment