Welcome

Please enjoy the wacky world my pencils and paints create for you. As an illustrator I try to bring you a world in which you have not read before or have seen in movies yet. My minds eye comes from behind the curtain in that chocolate factory that Willie Wonka didn't let you peer behind. Now I am opening it for you! Come in and take a look...

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Paintings of Paul Serusier

Here is another post from the leading advocate of Salem House Press, me! Today boys and girls we will learn about a new artist I just found, Paul Serusier.

Serusier was a Post-Impressionist painter, a part of the group of painters called Les Nabis. Sérusier along with Paul Gauguin named the group. Pierre Bonnard, Édouard Vuillard and Maurice Denis became the best known of the group, but at the time they were somewhat peripheral to the core group.

He later taught at the Académie Ranson and published his book ABC de la peinture in 1921. He died at Morlaix. He lived from 9 November 1864 – 7 October 1927.

I appreciate the intense fairy tale like Parrish colors. All of his paintings have this moon and stars quality I love. He veers away from the abstract toward illustrative figures. He seems to meld the wonder of van Gogh with Maurice Sednak. Take a look...  


I think I might just do some new color studies now. Keep an eye out for them...

So that is all for the moment from the quirky illustrator from that even quirkier town of Salem.

~Chris

For more about Chris and his books visit this link right...here!

No comments:

Post a Comment