Welcome

Please enjoy the wacky world my pencils and paints create for you. As an illustrator I try to bring you a world in which you have not read before or have seen in movies yet. My minds eye comes from behind the curtain in that chocolate factory that Willie Wonka didn't let you peer behind. Now I am opening it for you! Come in and take a look...

Friday, July 4, 2014

Frank C. Pape

Today I would like to share another of my favorite illustrators, Frank C. Pape. The first book I came across from him was Penguin Island, written by Anatole France,  about a partially blind monk who lands on an island of penguins and baptizes them. To solve the theological dilemma that arises from this mistake, God decides to turn the inhabitants into humans with only minor characteristics of penguins. The history of the island is thus given which parodies the history of France. In one part porpoises are alluded to the Vikings that had invaded France in the real world. Well anyway, check out some of his illustrations....

Penguin Island

Jurgen

Ruby Fairy Tale Book


Check back later for other cool stuff and some more of my favorite illustrators.
~Cheers,
Chris

Chris Dowgin has just released another entertaining children's book called Max Teller's Amazing Adventure which is about a boy who floats out of the Boston Common attached to a bunch of balloons. Read it today along with all of the great books from Salem House Press!


No comments:

Post a Comment